The Department of Social Work (UGC Centre of Advanced Study),
Faculty of Social Sciences, Jamia Millia Islamia (A Central University),
New Delhi, India
International Conference on Social Work Education and Practice
Jamia Millia Islamia (A Central University), New Delhi, India
DATE AND DURATION OF THE CONFERENCE:
20th to 22nd February, 2017 (3 Days).
CONFERENCE BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES:
The Department of Social Work (UGC Centre of Advanced Study), Jamia Millia Islamia (A
Central University), New Delhi, which has its genesis in the community development
programme of the country, has been a pioneer in Social Work Education. This conference therefore proposes to review the situation, learning and issues around Social
Work Education and Practice in India and abroad over the last 50 years. Some of the issues
that the conference wishes to focus on are:
1. Relevance and Efficacy of Social Work Education
2. Changing Scope of Social Work Profession
3. Challenges before the Profession
4. Knowledge in Social Work, Trans-disciplinary nature and resistance to new Knowledge
5. Evidence based Practice
A. To review Social Work Education during the last 50 years.
B. To understand major global and regional socio-economic, political changes and their
implications for Social Work Education and practice.
C. Envisioning the future vis-à-vis the role of Social Work Education and Practice.
Major Themes of the Conference are:
1. Scope of Social Work Profession
2. Methods of Social Work and Practice Areas
3. Pedagogical Issues/Curricular Aspects
4. Core Competencies
5. Fieldwork in Social Work Education